Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Getting Back On Track

So I know I've been super MIA and I apologize. I got caught up in the whole school's ending forever thing... amongst some other stuff that doesn't need to be mentioned (haha nothing BAD just like minor things that would lead to deterring me off the straight path - which I'm already trying hard to not slip off of). But yeah, when I noticed that I was rushing through prayers and choosing horrible radio rap over my Imam Suhaib Webb cds... I put on my "emergency brakes" & did some self evaluation.

Life is full of little (and big) tests and I was most definitely failing mine - but the beauty of Islam is that we're encouraged to come back to Allah and ask for His forgiveness because He is Ar-Rahim (The Merciful) and Al-Ghafur (The Forgiver and Hider of Faults). As humans we're bound to make mistakes and all the better right? because the blessing's in the struggle. Anyways, alhumdulillah I am back on track and have my priorities set straight once again. :)

Salaam

2 comments:

wael9@aol.com Wael - وائل said...

There are always tests in life and when we pass the test God send us more. I think this is how we grow spiritually.

Vanessa Fatima said...

well said, thank you very much for that