Tuesday, November 9, 2010

You came, too.

I came to the crowd seeking friends

I came to the crowd seeking love
I came to the crowd for understanding
I found You
I came to the crowd to weep
I came to the crowd to laugh
You dried my tears
You shared my happiness
I went from the crowd seeking You
I went from the crowd seeking me
I went from the crowd forever
You came, too
-Nikki Giovanni

I'm not sure if she is writing this to God, but that's my favorite interpretation of it. When it comes to interactions with others, I feel that you take away a little piece of everyone that you get to know and essentially that molds your personality. Throughout life we have experiences and get close to all kinds of people and sometimes that equals lasting friendships while other times it equals heart break. This comes with all kinds of emotions and wants and changes of heart and the only One who is there for us without any doubt is Allah (swt). He is the best kind of friend one could ever ask for and if you haven't yet, today. Take a second and have a chat with Him, it feels good.

0 comments: